OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Savins Music

Incredible sound. I only have a small 10W amp that I got with my guitar, but still sounds great. Unfortunately haven't got the funds to buy bigger amp or pedals, but seeing as the Boss OS-2 is so good, there hasn't really been a need to. A simple kick on the pedal turns accoustic type chords into hard rock riffs. I'm a big Green Day, Chili Peppersa and Foo Fighters fan, along with other lesser know indie bands like Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Turn, Bell X1 and We Are Scientists, but the one pedal lets me get all the various sounds from the guitar. All in all, top quality sound.

It's a very good, very cheap alternative to other multi effects units. I've been playing about three years now, but only have the pedal and two Fender Squire guitars, because of budgetary constraints! The pedal really matches my music style because I love to play hard hitting rock riffs, but at the same time like a nice, easy, emotional acoustic number. And seeing as I'm too lazy to play the acoustic whenever I want a change of mood, the effects pedal is perfect. I would definitely recommend something like this for anybody thinking about purchasing the pedal. As far as I know there's a new version of the pedal out now, but I don't know if it's any good. The only thing I wish it had is a time delay switch, but then I suppose it would be a Distortion? Overdrive pedal then. All in all, a quality buy, top marks.

I've had it over a year now and never had an ounce of trouble. It's been used in a few gigs and stood up to the test. Forced to use it without a backup because of the cost of buying a spare, but would prefer not to have to, because you never know what can go wrong in a gig. But from the experience I've had so far, I'd have no hesitation relying on it without a replacement.

Such an incredibly simple piece of equipment. I've only got this one pedal and the variety of sounds I can get out of it is incredible. Heavy rock, to light Chili Peppers distortion with a small adjustment. Definitely the pedal to get if you need a basic one starting off, but still keeps its quality for the most advanced guitarists.