OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Mark 1 music

I was using an Ibanez on a marshal amp. The sound of the Overdrive is a really nice distortion clear sound perfect for lead guitar and rhythm. The distortion can get a bit powerful but if you want that that's good. I find that its hard to do nice lead guitar with the distortion up full.

I found this pedal really good. You can use it for all different styles from punk to Death Metal. I would recommend this for a first pedal or a Overdrive pedal. I have to an ME-50 and the sound on the OS-2 still sounds a bit better and its over 100 cheaper but obviously has less effects. If I got this pedal stolen it would defiantly be the first pedal I buy.

This pedal is extremely dependable I have had it for well over a year and I only have changed the batteries once. I have never had problems with it and I seem to have problems with everything related to guitar that I buy. I would recommend this for a gig as there is not much of a chance that is will cut out or mess up through a song.

This pedal is a simple pedal with four knobs (don't get any ideas). The first is for level of the sound and I find that less than half way up will be louder than the clean off the amp. The second just changes the volume and drive which isn't to useful but hay its there. The third is drive with this you can change the amount of distortion/overdrive you want. And the fourth is colour witch you can change from distortion to Overdrive or just get it in the middle. There is a noticeable difference in all of the knobs witch is one of the things you should always look out for when buying a pedal. I find this pedal easy to change about as it is so simple and effective and in the middle of songs its easy to change in time at the right moment.