OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: www.Piedog.com

With my pedal I am using a Marshall 100W amp and a Vintage VRS 100 guitar. The sound is great although when you turn it full wack it gets a bit crackly and when you have full distortion and lowest tone it goes crackly aswell. All the effects on this pedal are different if you turn just one knob it changed the entire effect so there is lots of vriation. The distortion effects are amazing just what you want I've got this pedal and I don't see the point in any of the Mega Distortion pedals unless you are doing relly heavy stuff but you can also play heavy on this. The Overdrive is awsome you can play loads of "Queens Of The Stone Age" on it and it sounds perfect.

I play anything from Green Day to The Darkness and this pedal covers all the effects I need for most of the songs with distortion and Overdrive, it really is worth getting this and as it is 2 pedals in one it saves space. I have been playing guitar since I was 5 years old and this is the most useful pedal I have seen without using a big multi effects pedal. If this pedal was stolen I'd kill the person that stole it and get it back this pedals awesome! My favorite feature is the tone so you can quickeley change from low distortion to high destortion withought changing the pedal or delaying the start of your next song. I compared it with some Ibanez pedals and tried them out but they just didn't have the same variety as the Boss pedal.

With this pedal I would take it to a gig but not without the power adapter because the battery isn't vewry long lasting id say it lasts about 50 hours before you have to change it wich sounds quite good but when you have a gig coming up I suggest using the the power adapter as the battery could go an then you have no effects.

This pedal is perfect for any rock song its very easy to create totally different sounds just by turning one knob around. The manual isn't relly that useful but it has space to store what effects you find good so that you don't forget them but there arn't that many and mines full already.