OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

I play either an ESP LTD KH-602 or a Peavey Raptor through this into a Peavey Rage 158 (15 watt). Despite the poor amplifier, it still sounds great. It can have some feedback if you have high drive, and have single coil pickups and/or a faulty connection with the cables, but other than that, I can't find anything else wrong with it. I play stuff like metallica, and it can do that amazingly well. I also play Rage Against The Machine, the Ramones, Muse, Radiohead and a huge list of artists, and I can't find one that I can't get the sound of (unless its acoustic or something). The effect always sounds great, unless you put the distortion setting on your amp aswell, as that can really screw up the sound. However, I think this is something that happens with all amps/pedals.

I play metal, rock, alternative, indie, and it works for all of those styles of music. I have been playing for about 2 years, and this is my first and only stomp box, and as I got this as a present, I haven't had a chance to compare it to any other pedals. If it were stolen/lost, I might get this again, but I would experiment in the shop first, check out some digitechs, or maybe consider getting a MT-2 and a OD-3, so I could switch from Overdrive to Distortion quicker. The only thing I wish it could do is switch from Overdrive to distortion with a stomp, which would be cool.

I can depend on it unless the battery runs out (a tip for people wondering why the battery is running out quickly, take the cable connecting the guitar to the pedal out of the input) so my only backup would be a battery.

This pedal is really easy to use, and you still get a great sound. There are four knobs, level (volume), tone, drive (how distorted the sound is) and colour. Colour is the mix between Overdrive and distortion, meaning you can have complete distortion, complete Overdrive, or a mix of both. There is a manual for this, but you won't need it at all. I have read it, and it's very clear (which it would have to be if you didn't understand how to use the pedal).