OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

It sounds pretty good. I use an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 with a valvotronix adv30 amp, and I have found a number of tones, including Crazy Train and Master of Puppets, all the way up to Stop by Jane's Addiction. It covers a wide range of sounds, so it isn't the best at any one thing, but it does each sound well, which covers my needs just fine. Has a Paul Gilbert sound most of the time.

It does fine in any style of music, because of how many sounds it can make. I feel great about buying it because it seems to be a long term investment. I have had no problems with it for the past six months, and have never heard of any one else having any problems. I have been playing a while so I have used other distortion pedals and this one is probably my second favorite. I like it because it is usually close to Paul Gilbert sound. I will buy another when something happens to this one. The only thing I wish it had was an adapter, but I bought one. I hated the short battery life.

It seems to be durable. It is metal, so it is strong, and I have dropped mine a few times and it holds up fine. It also has rubber feet so it doesn't slide around. I would definitely trust it in a gig. I don't see how it would break in a gig. Battery life is short though. Buy an adapter.

My OS-2 is completely stock, and I find it very easy to use.If you want crunchy sound adjust it to have more overdrive, and for squeal you adjust it to distortion, which is done by the color knob. For higher or lower tone you use the tone knob. For more or less color you use the Drive knob, and for more or less volume you use level. Very easy.

phobiafreak949
    this pedal is absolutely amazing. this pedal gives me the ability to dial in almost any tone imaginabel, from hendrix to metalica to nirvana to guns n roses. and my favorite part is the dead-on van halen tone that this baby delivers. buy it now!
    Pyro_TheVampire
    m.o.d.--- wrote: this pedal is what angus uses in live concerts
    He does not. Angus young uses no pedals, he plugs straight into a marshall amp and use the gain off that. Although, I have found when you add some reverb to the distortion from this pedal, the sounds is almost exact to the sound he has durring live performances.
    atr13
    angus young doesn't use any pedals. would you recommend buying it second hand?? the only other option is paying $160!! bit expensive
    CrowLord
    I bought this pedal today and it is fantastic. The only problem I have had is that to register the product you have to have a US phone number and I live in the UK
    americablanco
    For this pedal...get a power adapter, batteries will drain if you leave a chord plugged into the input jack...which i always do...hmm...bad habit?