OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Music Go Round

I use this pedal with a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, a few other pedals, a Laney GC 30 or various Peavey models, and a Fender Cyclone or MIM Stratocaster. It is noisy when you turn the Drive or the tone up very high, but this is a distortion/overdrive pedal and that is to be expected. The Overdrive setting is so-so, the distortion setting is good, and the Overdrive mixed with distortion is so-so mixed with good. This pedal doesn't get my any particular guitarist's sound but sounds decent.

I play everything from metal to Radiohead, and this pedal, especially the pure distortion setting, works nicely. For a different distortion effect, put this on almost pure distortion, drive 100%, tone to liking, and then put that through a fuzz pedal like the Big Muff or a Fender Blender. This really makes the harmonics ring and makes it really distorted without being too much.

It's a Boss pedal. Even though I bought it used with more scratches than everything else I own combined, it still works every time I turn it on. The AC adaptor slot was broken when I bought it, but I knew this and it works fine on batteries. The battery life never exceeds five hours though, so I would like to get the adaptor slot fixed.

The four knobs are very simple: level, tone, Drive, and colour. All the tones it offers are easily accessible. Even thought I do not have a manual, I did not even bother to download one because it is so easy to use. There is an input and an output jack. This is even more simple.

yourxtragedy
    My first decent pedal. Just got this a few months ago and I love it. I'd have to agree with others and recommend an adapter...I've been through wayyy too many batteries.
    I am the Drake
    Got it last week. I'm still playing around with it though. It's a great pedal. I would def. recommend it to all guitar players.