OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Sound Control

Can definitely compete with other pedals as far as volume is concerned, but isn't too loud that the tiniest knock to the volume knob is blowing your eardrums out. As I've said, I've not found a sound I didn't like, and I've been using it a lot recently for learning Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits, which is an easy tone to get on the OS-2. Also been playing stuff by Cream, GnR, Deep Purple, Black Label Society and so on, and haven't had any problems getting the right tone.

Overall, this is a great pedal. It's got great Drive and good distortion, though if you're looking to Switch between the two midsong, you shouldn't rely on this since you need to stop to twiddle controls. I've used this for Blues, Classic Rock and Metal and I've seen no problems with it, though the distortion isn't as heavy as I'd like sometimes. Compared with the other Boss overdrives I tried when testing, this is definitely the best in my opinion, and it even seems to do blues better than the Blues Driver IMO. Excellent pedal all round.

Personally, the pedal feels kinda weak to me. It's the second pedal I've owned, the first being the DigiTech Grunge Pedal, and comparatively, this one is almost flimsy. That said, I've had no problems with it and I don't honestly think that it'll break, though there are sturdier ones out there. I probably would want a backup though I wouldn't stress over it and I doubt I'd need one. I've had no problems with the battery running out quickly, and all the electronics have been working great since I got it.

Very easy to use. The pedal has four controls - Level (effects the volume), Tone (basically the same as on your guitar - whether your sound is trebly or bassy), Drive (how distorted or overdriven the sound is) and Colour (what mix of Overdrive and distortion you're using). All pretty self explanatory, and can easily go from an Eric Clapton to Mark Knopfler, Slash, etc. Replace the battery the same as other Boss pedals, by unscrewing the thumscrew at the bottom of the footswitch and flipping it up. Not much else to say - Just plug it in, turn it on and just about every tone from there til when you Switch it off is pretty sweet.

ceciyl
    Any comments on Boss OS-2 vs. Digitech Screamin' Blues? Thanks.
    severalwills1
    can someone help? I waw wondering if you can use both this pedal and a Digitech RP250 at the same time on a Line 6 Spider III. I have all of those but I havent tried yet :/