OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Price paid: C$ 99

Purchased from: Kings Music

I'm using a Yamaha Pacifica 112 thru a Yamaha 19w. amp. The volume of the pedal will change the amount of distortion that is being used, which isn't always a good thing. It is intended for metal, and sounds great when you play Metalica, Systeme of a Down or Rise Against. Its good for every any part of the song, expecialy the solo.

I like to play Metal and classic rock, and since this pedal has both Overdrive and Distortion, all my needs are met. I've had it for nearly 3 months, and I have never had a bad expiriance. If for some reason, me and my pedal got seperated, I would definetly get it again. I love the type of music that it plays, but thats just me and my tastes.

This pedal has never let me down. It only needs a new battery once a month or so, I would have total confidence with it on stage, but thats just because I can't afford a backup pedal. Well, what do you expect? It's a Boss. The only thing is that on occaision the knobs will shift around and that will effect the tone, obviously.

This pedal doesn't look like much, but it packs a punch. It has alot of Drive, but thats about it. It will play just about anything, but it only play certain types of music good (i.e metal, rock & classic rock). However, it will play those types of music amazingly well. Another downside is that you have to do ALOT of messing around to find the right sound.