OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: craigslist

I use my Fender Standard Stratocaster LH through my Vox V847 Wah into my Line 6 Spider III 15W amp, however am getting a Marshall full stack within the month. The effects are far from weak, you can get screaming lead tones for metal, or a simple Overdrive for classic rock and some new wave/indie stuff. This stompbox provides countless tonal options to find your perfect OD or DS tones.

I play everything from punk to classic rock, to Indie rock. I play ska as well, but you don't really need OD for it. Perfect match for my style, you can find any OD or DS tone you like with a wide spectrum of sounds. If it were lost, I'd probably go with an OD-3, Electro Harmonix Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker or Fulldrive 2 MOSFET as my Overdrive pedal However this is certainly an adequate pedal for OD. I like everything on it, except the DS side on the color knob, I just don't like its tone. OD is the way to go for the tones I like. The biggest reason I bought this is because the price was right. I compared with the EHX and Fulldrive boxes. Both great boxes as well.

Honestly, one can not go wrong with the reliability and durability of a Boss stompbox. These things are built like tanks. I guarantee they won't break on me. I wouldn't need to have a backup OD pedal. I already have a power supply and like I said built like tanks. They aren't going to just give out on you.

This box is incredibly easy to use and there was absolutely no learning curve at all. Within a few hours, I could already find all the tones and drives I like. It's easy for one to learn all the knobs quite quickly. To be honest, I didn't even touch the manual. This stompbox is so easy to learn. I don't know the firmware revision number and this box hasn't been upgraded, but one doesn't need to. One can find any distorted and driven tone they like.

bapwank
    does anybody know if this is in anyway to the marshall bluesbreaker 2?