PH-2 Super Phaser review by Boss

Boss: PH-2 Super Phaser

Purchased from: A Friend

I am using it with a Fender strat mexican with a spider 3 75 watt amp. The sounds you can get are awesome. I played around with this and my spiders delay and I got a close sound reminiscent of "the warmth" by Incubus. There is no extra noise and it seems to work well with a lot of different pedals and doesn't interfere with them but makes them sound cooler. This pedal sounds cool when are performing arppegios and single note things.

I play alternative rock, some prog, metal, this thing is killer. I wish that the guitar gods would give everyone this pedal, the world would be a better place. I have been playing for 13 years and this pedal is one of the few items I have not replaced, if someone stole this, I would hunt them down and hurt them bad. Get this pedal, you will not be disappointed.

It's a Boss! It is like a tank. This was thrown out a bedroom window (not be me, 3 stories high) hit concrete and still worked! Over time the knobs have lost their color, but still turn with no issues and extra noise. I have used the same one for over +200 gigs (at least) and have had no issues (knock on wood) and never needed a backup. I would suggest getting a power supply. This pedal doesnt't suck up the 9v like other pedals but it will safe you money in the long haul.

Got this pedal from a great friend, he gave it to me because he bought an effects rack. So I didn't have the manual. Well guess what? You don't need it. The pedal is easy to use. You have to play with the knobs a bit to get what you want but it is worth the time.

guitarrain69
    i have been looking around and some people have said that the "easy" modification of turning the white trip pot ruined thier pedal and made a whoshing sound directly after stomping it on. i myself have done the c4 mod to my tremolo; and was very happy with it. could you all kindly give me some feedback as to whether or not i should do the white trim pot mod?