PW-10 V-Wah review by Boss

Boss: PW-10 V-Wah

Purchased from: N/A

I use this pedal with an Ibanez smash box, a strat and a 100W ashton amp and it sounds great. This is a neat little pedal that just amazes you everytime you alter your custom wah's and always sounds great. The pedal itself has 6 or 7 wah types that it models, my favourite of which is the cry baby, it also models several famous distortions such as The guv'nor, Boss turbo OD and muff fuzz to name but a few. The sound is great from this pedal.

Overall this is one great pedal. If it were stolen, i would definately buy another one. I play all types of music but predominately rock, and it is great for solos, and indeed any lead riffs. My favourite feature is the new effect that Boss put into it, double ressonance, which to put it simply sounds great! I bought this pedal not expecting what I'd get, and what i got was one gnarly pedal.

This pedal is highly sturdy and realiable, made completely of metal, I have dropped it several times and nothing has happened, the floor got injured and nothing happened to the pedal! As always Boss have made their pedal very harcore and difficult to break, I reckon it wouldn't break even if i smashed it with a hammer, but I never would!

This is a difficult pedal to get the hang of initially, but once you figure out how to set up your own custom wah and adjust the 7 inbuilt wah effects and the 3 already preset ones it is the mother of all wah's. It is a fairly complicated pedal to master, but once you figure it out you are unstoppable!