PW-10 V-Wah review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
Boss: PW-10 V-Wah

Purchased from: Music 440

I use this pedal with a Marshall VS100 100 watt amp and an Epiphone Les Paul Custon that is fitted with Gibson Burstbuckers (Burstbucker 2 on the neck and 3 on the bridge). This pedal has alot of 'buzz' when it is fully forward that lasts for about 10 seconds after a not is played. This is so so so annoying and I've tried everything that I could find on the net but nothing seems to work. The pedals built in distortions aren't very good and the noise surpressor is even worse as it kills alot of the sustain. You can customise your wah effects and adjust the width and hight, but I'm not able to find anything I like.

I play classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses and even though this pedal has different 'modes' that are supposed to mimic the sound of pedals such as the Vox Wah and Dunlop Crybaby it is impossiable to get the sound of those great original pedals trust me. I got my first guitar about a year ago but I've been brought up playing a little bit here and there with my dad, when I bought this pedal I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but now that I'm much more experienced I realise it's no good and I regret buying it. I'm going to put it in the news paper for sale tomorrow and sell it so I can but a Jim Dunlop Crybaby Classic. I reccommend trying a crybaby before you buy a Boss V-Wah because you will see how much better the crybaby is.

I wouldn't gig this pedal because I don't like how it sounds one bit, but if the sound works for you, you would be able to gig this without a backup because it's a Boss so it parctically unbreakable. The battery life is good and you can get an AC adaptor.

I'm not a big fan of this pedals sound. When the pedal is back it's too deep and when it's forward it is a loud shreeking sound, and in between the two sounds really wierd and mechanical.