PW-10 V-Wah review by Boss

Boss: PW-10 V-Wah

Purchased from: bonners

I've been playing for just over 3 years I play rock but it is a lose genre, I play everything really. Including metal, blues, virtuoso etc. my main influence are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and David Gilmour. I use an Ibanez RG 2550e prestige and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. My amp is a Marshall MG100DFX. Hears a quick tip if your trying to get that amazing tone that you want. Don't get too annoyed if you can't get it. You need a valve amp. I know this for a fact. Anyway back to the Boss. It is a good sounding pedal with the easy Wah type knob. With crybaby, Vox, Morley settings. It also has a knob to adjust the Wah sweep threshold (how low or high the Wah sounds). In my effects rig I use a Boss ds1 (distortion) a dd3 delay and the PW 10. A tip, always put your Wah last on the far right of your effects. Because if you put it before, it affects the signal of the other pedals and makes them sound crap. Overall I'm very happy with the sound of the Wah it does every thing I want it to do and sometimes more. (And it looks real cool). When the batteries start to run low the effects can become weak and when they get very low it makes an awful crackling sound.

Well I play every thing and this Wah is designed for just that. To do everything. When I brought this pedal I compared it to a crybaby and a weeping demon. But this came out on top. The only thing that it needs is a spring under the mechanism. If it were stolen I would buy a new one and then beat the guy to death with it. So if your looking for a decent quality Wah with loads of features that doesn't cost the earth this is the Wah for you.

This pedal is made from steel and aluminium. It has the feel that if you hit someone with it, it would kill them. I haven't gigged with it yet, but I have had many sessions in the studio with it with very rough treatment on the pedal. And there isn't a scratch on it. I have a friend who uses a Morley Wah. It failed just before the start of the gig. He had to use the rhythm guitarists Boss Wah instead. He loved it and changed his Morley for a Boss. So the Boss Wah is amazingly well built and will stand up to gigs easily with out a backup just like all Boss pedals. The only thing I can say is that when the batteries start to go flat (if your using batteries) is that it sounds like it is broken. Not to worry though. Change the batteries. I would very strongly recommend getting power supplies for all you pedals.

This is a Boss pw 10 it is a nice pedal with a lot of features. It is relatively easy to use if you just want to plug it in and start playing Voodoo Child. But if you want to adjust all the distortion and Wah presets etc, it can be a bit more difficult. I followed the manual and I was away with 10 minutes so I imagine you can do the same. Editing the patches can be difficult however, but the manual is easy to follow. The switch at the front of the pedal activates the wah. And the switch at the back under your heel scrolls through your 3 presets.

pizzabox
    id get a dunlop personally, but if ur newer to effects and stuff the vwah is great
    ISM
    I tried this pedal and I prefer dunlop by far. MVL.
    sharpchico
    I got this pedal because I didn't know what kind of wah I wanted. I really want to get rid of it and get something else, cos this wah is pretty shit eh. It sounds like it just puts a wah 'sound' over the signal, pretty average. Though it has been a good intro to wahs I guess.
    Vaul96
    I got this p[edal yesterday, and after a long time comparing it tp the Dunlop Cry Baby original, i chose it for its versatility. I didn't even realise HALF the things it could do. Being able to have your own presets is great, and the "custom" setting is great, once you figure out how to set it up. I use this on my bass in my band, and it actually kicks his Dunlops ass when i pump in the Metal Zone distortion with the bass-wah up against his Cry Baby and DS-2. He has a Laney 4x10 with a 100w head and I was only using a Laney 35 Watt and for the first time at practice he couldn't hear himself