PW-10 V-Wah review by Boss

Boss: PW-10 V-Wah

I am using it with a modded guitar with EMG's in the front I have a magic stomp to use as for example a phaser or chorus, then the PW, then a Marshall Jackhammer, onto a Cube 30. This is not noisy or scratchy. The PW have given me all the sounds of my favourite artists, (Zakk, Hendrix, Rhoads, Arch Enemy), sounds great all the time. I don't realy use the drives much, because I love the Jackhammer, if I didn't have this I would use the PW's Drive all the time. The vibe is amazing.

I play much metal and '60s-'80s rock. I also compose music for my band. the PW is a good match for anything, I've been playing on it for a year now, guitar in three years. I play in a band and use it for practise often. at home I use it every day. Got a Marshall JH-1 and a Magicstomp II, Cube 30 and borrow som OLD Peavey tube amps (from the '80s) from my uncle. If I lost it I would buy a new one at once. I have compared it to a standard crybaby and a Ibanez wheeping demon, I liked this the most. The only thing I miss is a treble boost, that would suit me.

I have jumped on this pedal many times, I weigh about 90 kgs so I should say it is indestructable, I have gigged with it and I will always use this pedal. I was very careful in the beginning, I thought "plastic." The pedal itself is metal, the rest is hard plastic, the jacs are metal too and I don't think they will break.

The Boss PW-10 is the best wah pedal I have heard, it provides anything you need for anything really, any music style. Sounds are no problem, just turn one knob and you have it. Remember to save your fav. settings. This pedal has it all, I don't use the Drive much I need a tone control for it (easily fixed with EQ). This pedal gives you more control of your sound than you ever have dreamed of if you own a standard crybaby or wheeping demon. The manual is a should read on this, or else you wouldn't know how to set the NG, or the Drive types or output volume. I've tried it up against both the crybaby and wheeping demon, this comes out; more versatile, more control of sound, smooth and not "slippy" operation, you might also tighten the screws on the sides to get you the excact resistance you want, really good.