PW-10 V-Wah review by Boss

Boss: PW-10 V-Wah

Price paid: € 30

Purchased from: Huuto.net

I like the wide range of different sounds this pedal can produce compared to my Cry Baby. I'm using it with Vox VT50 and the pedal is not very noisy with my setup. Some of the Wah effects are worse than the others, but something worth mentioning are the talkbox simulation sounds. Quite funny to play with, although I have not been able to get the sound of Livin' on a Prayer out of it.

I'm probably selling my Cry Baby, since the PW-10 does all the same plus more. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably get it again. As used, though... It's simply too expensive for a Wah pedal to buy as new. I like the wide selection of different sounds, especially the talkbox simulation and would recommend anyone to try out this pedal.

Well it's Boss. I could always depend on it. The knobs are protected from the dust-generated noise with some kind of optic solution and the pedal itself is built like a tank. I do think my pedal has some dust in-between, because it doesn't move as smooth as my Cry Baby. I guess I need to open and clean it a bit.

I got my PW-10 from an internet auction for a real bargain. After all, this is a pretty expensive pedal as new. Many of the reviewers were complaining that it is hard to use. I can't really agree with that. While I don't really save my own presets and use the more advanced features, getting the sound I want out of the pedal is pretty straightforward to me.

mumbles36
    it died on me :/
    mine too. Definitley thining about getting one of these ... It'll be my third wah pedal in about 2 years lol