PW-2 Power driver review by Boss

Boss: PW-2 Power driver

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

I'm using this pedal with my 1962 Malcolm Young Gretsch into my Marshall 50DFX. There is not a lot of feed back off this pedal which is great. The fat and muscle can really screw up the sound your looking for but other than that the sound is remarkable. This pedal is really good on battery life it doesn't eat your batteries like the MT-2.

I am a metal head! I love Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica, Black Label Society, AC/DC and Van Halen and you can get a lot of there killer sounds out of this pedal. The only thing I wish I had for this was a manual on the fat and muscle because for the first hour or so after I bought it it took me a while to get the exact sound I was looking for becuase the fat and muscle really mess with the sound.

I can always depend on this pedal I've droped it stoped it and still works I used to be in a band and used it for a gig with my MT-2 Eric Clapton Crossroads pedal and Crybaby 535Q and let me tell you it was a thing of beauty very reliable pedal to use with killer sound.

I absolutly love this pedal to death. I worship Zakk Wylde and with this pedal you can get his awesome overdriven sound it is by far my favorite pedal.

Gristlepig
    Sounds like shit. Muddy, cheap sounding distortion. If you want proper muddy grind, get a Russian Muff.
    MadMach1
    i believe i read some where it has been discontinued. i got lucky and found mine at a pawn shop for $25. granted... ive bought most of my boss pedals from pawn shops... good finds cheap prices
    karpis
    Absolutely perfect fuzz-distortion solution (at least for me). Tried Muff Pi and this won over me. Also went through almost all Boss overdrive/distortion pedals in store and went with this one. Maybe first reviewer isn't the person to relate to(ehem metalhead), but don't write off this pedal by review - try it and then decide.
    Biffman
    I am looking at this or a Boss DS-1. Which is better for metal, rock, and blues?