RC-20XL Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-20XL Loop Station

Purchased from: ZZounds.com

This pedal doesn't add any kind of noise or color to the sound, very clear, transparent maybe. It comes with some loops you can play over wich are very good. The Overdubbing function is slightly weird, you can only overdub one compass at a time and then it will play it while you still overdub, IMO it should start replaying what you overdubbed when you press the stop recording button but whatever.

I play everything from blues to metal, this works for everything obviously. I have been playing for a couple of years and this is one of my first pedals, I like it a lot even though it's difficult to use. If it was stolen most probably I would buy another because it's useful to write new songs and their riffs/solos. I love how this pedal gives you such an easy way to practice but I don't like the fact that I can't overdub really well with it.

It comes in a very sturdy box, it's a pretty heavy pedal too, but it eats your batteries like crazy. I would use it without backup, but you must take extra batteries all the time! The buttons, knobs and both switches seem to be strong enough to take abuse, but I wouldn't jump on them or anything, I like to take very good care of my stuff.

This is a very hard pedal to use right, you can easily set tempo by tapping on the right pedal and record over the guide metronome but it's very difficult to stop the recording on the right place even with the pedal's function of cutting right with the tempo. The manual is very clear but that doesn't help you to get the right spot to stop recording.