RC-20XL Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-20XL Loop Station

Purchased from: Online

I use this mostly with my Epiphone Les Paul and Fender Superchamp XD. You can control input volume of instrument as well as the output volume onto the amp. Effects come out good, even with multiple pedals attached. You can keep layering onto the track, whether it be from an instrument or microphone. There's also a drum tempo so that you can stay on beat. But it's kinda lame and only in 4/4. A plus is you can record mp3's of your favorite artists onto the loop station. Then you can slow down to tempo to match playing along with solos/riffs. Sounds great, I'm only giving it an 8 because the drum tap tempo could be improved.

I play mostly rock and metal. But I've even recorded samples onto the RC-20XL and used a microphone over it. It's a pretty bootleg way to record a song, but it works quite well. I've been playing guitar for 4 years now and I really enjoy this loop station. If it were stolen I would probably get another one if I could find $300. But I'd rather get a better amp/guitar first. I did not compare this with any other loop stations. But it obviously has more features than the RC-2 and is way cheaper than the RC-300. I'd be interested to test it against the RC-30.

You can depend on it for sure. Heavy duty and reliable. The power adapter is a must have, or else I think it's using a bunch of AAs. Just get the power adapter. You could gig without a backup, this thing ain't breaking. And there's no reason to have two $300 loop stations.

Got this for my birthday and was very pleased. It might take a little adjusting to get the sound you want, but it's no problem at all. It will take a little bit to figure out how to use it, but that's nothing a light reading or youtube video won't sure. I know there's one particular video on youtube with this blonde, curly-haired guy that you should check out. It's hilarious and informative on how to use the pedal.