RC-2 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-2 Loop Station

I didn't really notice any adverse changes in tone. The only thing is that you can't change the tone from over dub to overdub with out an effects loop, multi FX, or the pedals used to change the tone. This was a problem because I was using a Line 6 spider 2 so any effects affected all layers over dubs. The RC-2 has an onboard drum-machine The only problem with this is that it forces you to change tempo using a tap tempo button. Both of the metal style loops were fast pace and far better suited thor thrash and punk than the ones on my RP-350.

I wish that the footswitch out could be used to switch prases but unfourtanatly it can't. A record out would also be nice. Overall a nice pedal that really helped me improve my improv skills. Not the best for gogs unless you want to bend down and change phrases between songs it's over all memory and the number of phrases is equal to that of the RC-20 but this edal is more compact and costs less.

This is very durable and I wouldn't worry bout breaking it at all. I would'nt use it in a gig because you can't switch phrases but Ig you want to practice improving, or work out Harmony parts I would highly recommend this pedal. The manual says you should be carfull about battery life because it runs out quickly but I didn't find this to be a problem for me.

This pedal was suprisingly easy to use there is only fouerknobs. There is a slight learning curve but I imagine it's like that for all other loopers. I quickly found myself soloing over backing tracks evry thing is very straight forward and takes no programing.

benjonotbanjo
    santhony1987
    benjonotbanjo wrote: so what's the problem with using a spider 2 with it? i have one and im considering this pedal..
    He told you. You have to have alloverdubs running the same effects if your using the amp's onboard fx.