RC-2 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-2 Loop Station

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The sound that the loop station projects is perfect, considering it only plays back what you play. It does not lose quality no matter how many times you dub over it. The volume for the loop can be changed via a knob, as can the percussion sound volume. It is quick and easy to build a nice loop, and even save it if you'd like.

When I bought this pedal I was looking for something that I could loop a chord progression with and then solo over, and it works great for that! Sixteen minutes of recording is more than enough for people such as myself, and I recommend this pedal to anyone with the same pursuits. For someone looking to find a loop station to gig with several times a month, it may be good to invest in a more established station, or at least read the manual more than I have!

This works well for someone such as myself Who likes to improvise over progressions at home, and I imagine it would work well during a gig as well. The body of the pedal seems solid enough to withstand a beating, but I'd be more worried about the mechanics if I were to use it in a gig. A person would need a great understanding of the pedal to use it Live, or they may find that they just erased the loop they were playing, or dubbed over it with some background noise.

This pedal essentially has one purpose: to loop your riffs and dub over them for up to 16 minutes of recording. I found that after one day of tinkering with this pedal I was able to do just that, as well as save them and bring them back whenever I want. Beyond looping and dubbing, understanding this pedal has still not come to me after a month or two. The manual does a so-so good job of explaining it's other features, such as the percussion sounds you can add, or the "loop quantizing" feature, but the manual is so small-texted and bulky-paged that I find it hard to commit these features to memory. The fact that there is only one button and the pedal to perform all these other options is also overwhelming.

Black_Fender
    Why did Rizazzo pay 310 for it? Dollars? Cause I've seen it everywhere for only 170. Man I want one so bad...
    Rawker_Hero
    yeah I used this for a dueling guitar solo at a gig and it was beyond amazing! (unless there was a guitarist of my skill)
    nishment
    benjonotbanjo wrote: so what's the problem with using a spider 2 with it? i have one and im considering this pedal.. He told you. You have to have alloverdubs running the same effects if your using the amp's onboard fx.
    thats not a problem if you put the pedal in the effects loop...
    Rizazzo
    yeah i bought it for 310$. Quite high, but it had just came out and was quite pricy. Worth double its price though
    Pavura
    woohoo. thinkin of getting it. its only 114$ my friend tried it, so i know what it sounds like.. and it would be REALLY useful and fun.
    sickfool
    so lemme get this straight: i CAN play a distorted lead solo over a clean, looped track IF i have a distortion pedal?
    cardboard box
    Of course, I record synths into it and use it as a trigger. Lot's of uses for this thing. It also has programed rhythms to practice too as well. So small!
    penybad132
    well i bought it and laid down a mean rythem, looped it , tried to play a solo over it , and couldnt hear it , turned down the loop volume and when i played the solo the tone was horrible and notes wouldnt sustain at all . I tweaked this pedal for 5 hrs and couldnt get it to sound any better. so it does not work with heavy distortion.I returned it the next day