RC-2 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-2 Loop Station

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I'm using an Epiphone G-400 going to my Line 6 Uber Metal, to the RC-2 Loop Station and then do my 25 Watt Traynor Bass Mate (I play guitar through a bass amp). I can use any amount of distortion with no extra noise and clean sounds amazing too. Like I said before, it perfectly records it with no loss of volume or feedback or anything.

I've only had this since this morning and I love it already. It takes around 30 minutes to get used to how to work it and after that, it's a breeze. If this thing broke or got stolen, I'd go out and by another one ASAP. I didn't compare this to any other products, but the guys at L&M said it's by far the best for its price. I can't say I don't like anything about it, only that it's just 16 minutes, which is enough though. Great pedal!

Hell yes. That's all I can say. No way it would break, Solid Metal shell. Not sure I'd use it at a gig. If I did, it would only be briefly. This is more of a practice Tool and a darn good one at that. Boss pedals are great cause of the Solid Metal shell and non-slide bottom.

This thing records your playing freaking perfectly! The manual tells you exactly how to use it and I only read a few pages of it and I still understand this pedal. It's got 3 knobs and a button. The one knob is for the recorded track volume and it's a 2-in-1 knob for the drum beats as well. The other knob is the mode. The manual explains all about the modes. The last knob is the where it saves the playing. There's 11 different spots. Just go to Mode-Write, hit the button, turn the dial to what spot you want and hit the button again. Just like that.

sword shredder
    It only works with distortion if you put it in the effects loop of your amp... that makes it so the looping is happening after your distortion, and doesn't mess everything up..
    SnoopyKojiApple
    I own this and it's freakin' AWESOME!!!!! guitarsolo_17: I had the same problems when I first got it. You just have to get the timing down. It takes some time getting used to. It helps a lot to use a metronome or the drum function of the pedal. For example, imagine you're stomping your foot to beats: [1] & [2] & [3] & [4] & [1] & [2] & [3] & [4] You'd have to stomp on the box to stop recording on the last beat, the "[4]." That's what I do.
    filthylittleboy
    sickfool wrote: so lemme get this straight: i CAN play a distorted lead solo over a clean, looped track IF i have a distortion pedal?
    yeah, if you have a distortion pedal AFTER the loop pedal, and just turn on the distortion pedal
    Noskool
    Will a multi-effect pedal like Zoom G2 be good for overdubbing a clean riff with a distorted solo? Or must I have a single effect-pedal?
    Chiodosrules_54
    Sleeper1972 wrote: how many recordings can u loop together at once with this?
    i had about twenty loops going at once