RC-2 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-2 Loop Station

Purchased from: Samuels music

This is my setup and it works beautifully: guitar-IbanezRGR421exfm, pedals-Rc-2, Ibanez SM7, amp-peavey practice amp. It's not very noisy unless you use very heavy distortion. I usually set my pedal to half distortion. This usually will work ok with most pedals. Now, the effects are all great. There are about thirty different drumbeats ranging in genres from a samba type drumbeat to rock and roll. The drums obviously don't sound like real drums, but if you don't have a drummer-or a good one! HA! -this will give you a simple beat to work with. Also, This pedal has the incredible ability to replay anything and sound great through the amp. I even tried a keyboard... As I said, the only problem is the distortion.

When I took this pedal out of the box I was astonished. The pedal not only works great, but it looks great too. In my opinion, the RC-2 is just as good as the RC-20 or any of it's siblings. I have been playing guitar for 5 years and love this pedal's ability to recreate my amazing talent:) I would definetly buy it again if it was stolen-which would never happen 'cuz I love this baby. It's the perfect loop for the perfect price!

I use this pedal for gigs and it has not failed me once. That's why I use it without a backup. It's probably my most reliable piece of equipment-besides my guitar. It's made out of a good, durable material, but is surprisingly light. I figured it would be at least as heavy as my SM7!

This loop station is built to be compact and easy to use. To set the drums you go to the sixteenth note on the mode knob and then you hit the foot pedal until you find a beat you like. After doing this you can go to the quarter note on the Mode Knob and tap the pedal to the pace that you want the song to go.[If you get and FS-5U(unlatched), you tap the drumbeat in on that.]When you found the right pace for your song, you just hold down the pedal until the REC/PLAY/DUB light flashes yellow. Then you just Switch the knob over to circle/triangle area and press the footpedal once to record. On the frist beat of the next measure, press the pedal down and it will repeat in perfect time. This can be a little tricky to master, but once you get it, it's like riding a bicycle. After the riff you wanted is looped press the pedal once to overdub. When the riff is in playback you press the pedal twice quickly to stop. To delete the riff, press the pedal twice quickly when the loop is in playback-just as before-except on the second stomp hold the pedal down until the LOOP/ONE SHOT blinks yellow. That is how you loop. To save, you just go to write and hit the SELECT/ENTER button. When it blinks red select the phrase you want to save to and hit the SELECT/ENTER button again. Wait until the LOOP/ONE SHOT stops blinking, then you can shut it off. To delete a saved phrase, you do the exact same thing as you do to save, except you have the Mode Knob turned to DELETE. I heard some people complaining about the manual being so small. Well, if you go online to Boss's website(I think... )you can find a large manual for it. That's what I did and it works like a charm. All in all, you could probably master it in a day. Once you get used to it, it gets easier and easier.

neverspoiled
    man..i saw this usd to perfection at an acoustic gig. by the time he (Adam Dale) was done, four parts were playing at once.. beautifully blending btw. =)
    Chiodosrules_54
    Multiplayerjon wrote: I want this... how many loops can it save?
    it can save up to 11 phrases. so you could have 11 different phrases each with -let's say- 10 loops going you can only play back one phrase at a time though. did that answer your question? read the ease of use paragraph on my review if you want to know how to save or delete the loops