RC-2 Loop Station review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Boss: RC-2 Loop Station

Purchased from: Music Connections

I'm using with a Fender Strat and a Roland Micro Cube. The Unit Is Not Noisy What So Ever. The Unit Records everything you put into it. from Mics-Guitars-Pianos-to Drums. I also like how when you over dub it automatically mixes the sounds so that there both at a good sounding volume.

I Play punk/rock/alternative and when ever I'm in my room and I make up a riff I'll record it onto the loop station until I can record it onto pro tools. I wish I would have been taught how to use it because if your gonna record a whole song it's hard because when you start recording you can't stop the recording because otherwise it will restart it self. Well I have too say no because now I have pro tools so I record digitally now and I don't use the loop station much. I love how when your adding in Guitar 2 you can't hear when you started the second recording. I hate that's there's only 16 minuets of recording time on it. I choose this because I've always loved the act of overdubbing guitars or even vocals. I think that's it's cool to hear 2 or 3 of you singing at the same time. I ultimately wish it just had more time on it.

You can always depend on this unit. It works on batteries as well as a power supply. I use it Live in between songs for some background noise or as an intro to the next song While I'm in the process of tuning. A loop pedal will record anything and play it back over and over again, without stopping unless you push it down again. When I use it Live as an intro to the next song there's a setting which you can make it play back only one time and stop with out hitting the pedals to stop it again.

The RC-2 Loop Station has two main purposes. 1 to loop your Guitar Riffs-and 2 to Overdub over them over and over. This item is great for recording or for Live performances. There is a manual for this item and it explains everything very well. Well there are different pedals that do the same but it hasn't been upgraded.