RC-3 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-3 Loop Station

Purchased from: Internet

The sound quality is great and easy to manage. There is a dial for the playback sound level and the new sound you're adding or playing over the loops. Once you mess with how you want those levels to sound, the quality is great. It sounds great through guitar amps or PAs and is really easy to alter and mess with to figure out how you want everything to sound. If you want to use a microphone for vocal looping, you just have to turn the volume on the mic up more and find a way to avoid static, but with the right mic and cable you can make it sound really good and it'll go great with guitar looping as well.

I play acoustic music mostly. Sometimes I play with a backup band, and I don't really recommend it for that because it's hard to get timing down perfectly with everyone in your band when the loops will remain at the same tempo no matter what. For solo acoustic or other solo performances, it's great. You can manage the sound well and everything works great. I've used it to fill up the empty spaces in my acoustic songs so that it gives me a fuller sound as a whole. For that purpose, it's incredible.

Boss makes a bada-s product. The thing is tough and durable and if you break it I'll be impressed. There's no outstanding limbs that will easily snap off, and the metal frame holds the thing together just fine. I've dropped mine on concrete and it doesn't even have a scratch. If you like the durability of any of the Boss pedals, this one will hold up. It's small, light, but tough and hard to mess up. I have and will continue to use this pedal in gigs without a backup. It is completely dependable.

The RC-3 Loop Station is an incredible deal. It has 3 hours of recording memory for up to 99 loops with 2 input/output options that (providing you mix well and have a good microphone) works really well for looping vocals and guitar at the same time. Even if you just do 1 or the other, the pedal is effective and easy to figure out. You should probably buy a DC converter so you don't have to waste batteries all the time, but if you buy a 1 spot (which I did) you'll have no issues whatsoever. The only problem is that you have to hit the switch twice in order to stop the loop from playing. I overcame this annoyance by hooking it to a kill switch so I only have to hit a switch once to stop the loops.

Dimarzio45
    That dude on the video had some really corny music goin on there. I'm surprised the pedal didn't blow up. lol
    RndyW0
    I am personally more fond of the RC-20XL. It is a bit more expensive but definitely worth it. Mine is always on my board; the only pedal that I never switch out for another.