RC-3 Loop Station review by Boss

Boss: RC-3 Loop Station

Purchased from: Advance Music Burlington Vermont

I play this through a Stratocaster or an Epiphone SG going through a Marshall or a Fender G-DEC. I usually play it dry but sometimes I will use a Boss B-D 2 (by the way, wonderful). Even WHEN I am not setting loops, I plug it in. It does not distort my sound at all which is nice and there is no lack of volume. I like to play blues so it is fun to upload jam tracks from online or play them my self and then just solo. It does not create any sort of buzz or hum or any bad noise that we do not want.

I play blues and rock and this is a very good pedal to set backing tracks to jam to. Sometimes, I play it with my bass and it works really well. I have been playing for 4 years and this is a really good practice tool. I own a Vox multi effects, a Boss Blues Driver and a Cry Baby Multi Wah. I also have an Epiphone Dot, G400 Faded and a Strat. I sometimes play my Ibanez acoustic through it and it sounds good. I wish I had asked the guy at the store what to do with the mono and stereo inputs/outputs. It is a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it. I was looking at getting a JamMan Solo XT but this one looked superior.

Like any Boss products, (have a reputation for being durable) in there metal boxes and high quality knobs which you would have to TRY to move them by kicking them, this is a VERY durable pedal. I have the slight felling That I could just kick it all day and nothing would happen to it. I would most definitely use it for a gig with no backup but I would want to have an extra full juice battery in it even with an adapter just in case I accidentally unplugged the adapter. It is most definitely reliable for anything.

This is a very easy to use and easy to make work little box. After reading the manual a couple of times, it was easy to change things such as bpm, count in, drum settings etc. Getting use to the double tap is hard but I read that you can buy an external foot switch for it that would make it easier. It is real simple to add presets and delete them. Sometimes, the two letter prompts like Er(error) and stuff like that are hard to comprehend so KEEP THE MANUAL if you get one. It is easy to connect it to the computer and back up files or send a loop to friends so all in all, it is pretty easy to use.

ibanezrgr
    I just bought this pedal I am fairly new to guitar and I accidentally erased one of the presets 90 to 99 I need a back up if anyone can help thank you