RE-20 Space Echo review by Boss

Boss: RE-20 Space Echo

Price paid: $ 0.1953

Purchased from: Ishibashi Music

I use P-90 equipped guitar (Ibanez Talman and a Fender Jag with Phat Cats) through a Vox AC30CCH. The sound is great if you like the warmer analog tone of an echo as opposed to a delay. It's smooth and distorts if you really dig in but it's a nice natural distortion. You can can reverb alone (a nice Z string reverb), have just echo or blend the two. The reverb and echo settings have a natural chorus to it which really makes the sound shimmer. It really shines for lead, giving your sound big spacey sustain. I play mostly indie/alt/punk rock. Simular to The Jam, The Clash, The Smiths, The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, Interpol, the like, plus some Floyd and U2 thrown in.

Great pedal for those Who love retro Floydish echo tones. Great sound, easy to use and built like a brick sh*thouse. The only draw back is it is large so it takes space on your board but still, it's like than a EHX Memory Man. I've never heard the original RE-201 unit however so I can't compare. Great pedal!

It's a Boss, enough said. One thing all Boss pedals have going for them is their rugged construction. I don't think I need a back up. Takes regular 9 volt adapters which is good. And the lighting is pretty easy to see on stage. I can depend on it for sure.

Really easy. It may be a twin pedal but it is very no BS and wel laid out. Three knobs for reverb, three knobs for echo, one mode dial, on input level, on/off pedal, tap tempo pedal. Couldn't be more simple for a pedal that does echo and reverb. The tap pedal is a godsend for playing Live and unlike the DD-6, is on a seperate pedal.

hamish5178
    seargentkitty wrote: sounds cool but i doubt you got it for 19 1/2 cents first woot
    If he got it from "Ishibashi Music" he probably wasn't paying in dollars ya genius.
    Alex The Red
    I'm pretty sure UG has the currency automically converted to dollars from whatever you put... so probably, he accidentally left it on dollars and put it in the foreign currency then UG did the conversion to dollars ang got 9.53 cents... got it?
    FunkRocker321
    I heard this pedal was amazing. I was thinking about getting this. But it's a toss up between adding this pedal, a Line6 DL4, a DOD Envelope Filter, or a Line6 FM4 to add to my pedal board.
    jamstation
    it's probably in Yen, where prices are sometimes written in 10,000s.. so it wd be 1983 yen or.. 17 dollars.. still too little.. i dont know what he's ended up writing there..
    JayJayE
    Just to clear it up, I put in the price in yen, 21,000 (a bit over $200 USD). The converter is pretty funny on converting Japanese yen. Maybe it should be seen to.
    clintrubber
    Hi, A little question: can it do good UFO-sounds/'self oscillate' ? (as in: playing stuff, set the intensity high and get new sounds from that, twisting the repeat rate etc, you'll get the picture) Thanks, Peter
    neptune1988
    too bad this review didn't talk about the modes and what each one does!!! nice job (sarcasm)
    guitboxjeff
    This would be twice as amazing with a wah pedal! I think I'll have to get one of these soon because I really love the uber spacey sounds you can get from it. Man, oh man, do I love ambient rock. :]
    fishpimp
    I got mine from Jim's Music in Irvince, CA for $190ish. I played it next to the Memory Man and the Line 6 delay pedal and, to my ear, it was no competition. The RE-20 is so warm & rich compared to the other two. It's also waaay easier to use.