SD-1 Super Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: SD-1 Super Overdrive

I'm just plugging straight from my Strat to my amp with this. It did not affect the tone (except for a slight loss in treble that took me placing my head to the amp and running the pedal of to without the pedal for nearly a half and hour. Waste of time for something that is easily negligeble). It has a warm Overdrive sound and is very strong. It's a great "milder" sound that allows the guitar to be easily distinguished. Great as a booster too.

I play straight up rock, this is great. I would buy it again, instantaneously, if it were stolen. I love the sound it gives. I like the tone all the way up and drive and level at 12 o clock. It is a great pedal. I love it.

The SD-1 produces the warm, smooth distortion of an overdriven tube amplifier while maintaining the subtle nuances of your picking technique. Used by countless professionals. Smooth, round, fat distortion the sound of tubes being pushed past their limits. The overdriven sound that the electric blues and rock were built on. That's the sound you'll get with the Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal. Its unique asymmetric Overdrive circuitry delivers a genuine Overdrive effect for a classic guitar sound that still maintains the subtle nuances of your picking technique. And so you can get your tone just right, there's a Tone control knob between the level and drive knobs. No, there's nothing complicated about this pedal just some great engineering and a sound that stands the test of time. A lot of digital distortions out there could take a lesson from the SD-1.