SD-1 Super Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: SD-1 Super Overdrive

Purchased from: D-Town Guitars & Skateboards

This pedal produces great sound. I play music from Led Zeppelin to Fall Out Boy, and I can get the sound of most of the bands I listen to. I haven't noticed any noise from it at all that I wouldn't normally get from my amp, it just sounds great all the time.

This pedal fits most styles of music I play. I can get a warm overdrive or a harder overdrive easily. I think my favorite thing about it is it's simplicity; three knobs. I don't hate anything about it. If it were lost, I'd probably cry until I found it. If it were stolen, I'd find the loser that took it and beat his brains out. Anyone can use this pedal, from beginner to expert.

As far as durability, this thing looks like I could probably drop it off the roof of my house and then go gig with it. In the reliability department, however, I did find that the battery runs out after only a few days of use, so I would suggest buying the AC adapter.

This pedal is extremely easy to use. I've been playing for only about a year, and this is my first pedal, and I had no problems with it. Turning the drive knob all the way up along with the level knob gives you harder overdrive, while turning down to the lower levels gives you a nice, warm overdrive.

Thurisaz
    I use this pedal to give me a tone similar to if I had an active boost unit in my passive pickups, such as what Alexi Laiho uses. But you'd also need a good distortion pedal and/or amp, such as a Rocktron Silver Dragon and a Peavey Rockmaster.
    Frozenfire3D
    Uh. . . I tried putting this behind an MT-2. . . Definitely no warm tone. . . But with a bit of tweaking you get a very strong, live sound. Like a booster. I could get machine gun palm mutes with this and the mt2. Haha. . But probably that's also cos i use active pickups. . .