SD-1 Super Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: SD-1 Super Overdrive

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play an Ibanez RG-350 with the stock pickups through a heavily modded Epiphone Valve Junior. This overdrive pedal did exactly what I wanted it to do, give it that boost to be able to play metal. Before the pedal it could do 80s metal like Metallica and Black Sabbath, but now it has range. It also works well to boost a clean sound for the perfect classic rock tone. This pedal is pretty dark sound and cuts a little bit of the bass sound but it's excellent for what I play.

Perfect match for the styles of music I play, pretty versatile. If it were stolen I would definitely buy another one, I've tried the DigiTech Bad Monkey and this thing is far better in my opinion and is the same price. I think this could definitely be compared to the ts9 or even the 808 for that matter. Execellent overall.

Seems dependable. I would definitely gig with out a backup but I've never owned a Boss pedal before so I don't know. It is incased in metal and is very sturdy so I would assume that it is very durable. Also has rubber on the pedal part and on the bottoms so it doesn't slip around or anything like that.

Very easy to use, basic Boss pedal. No upgrades done, and none needed. It does come with a manual but it is very basic, like how to plug your guitar and amp into it, etc. It is very easy to get a good sound out of, only 3 simple knobs and basic Boss format.

krew118es
    i use this pedal with my cs-3 compression sustainer and my noise sustainer and its sounds great
    wesman69
    i wonder why people think this is a DISTORTION pedal..its an overdrive, for overdriving your amp. i use this as a gain boost on a SS amp and it works good