ST-2 Power Stack review by Boss

Boss: ST-2 Power Stack

Purchased from: Guitar Center, used

I run this pedal through a Line 6 Spider IV 30W (pulls out flameshield) with an Epiphone Les Paul, Fender Natural Ash Telecaster, ESP LTD M-100FM, and an Ibanez RG120. Like I already said, if you turn the treble and gain past 7, you are going to start getting feedback. You can still get some great tones though, like a ballzy AC/Dc sound, or you could go with the heavier Alice in Chains sound with thick sounding chords that slam your face into a brick wall. If you pull the gain back a little and play with the bass/treble you can get a great Led Zeppelin sound. Anything from a warm distortion to slamming cinderblock against your skull.

I play mostly a blues hard rock (sometimes a little funk and groove) metal thing that somtimes might have a touch of punk and other things. I have been playing for probably about 3 and a half years now but I am not sure because I keep on forgetting and I own two other Boss pedals, a Blues Driver, and an Overdrive/Distortion hybrid thing that I'm not sure if they make anymore. I want to look into getting rid of the noise by modding a little bit or just buying a noise gate. If it were stolen, I would probably try to find the pedal used again because I think that $60 somrthing bucks is a great price. I just love the balls that this pedal has and how it could survive anything (cough *Rosie* cough). I just saw the pedal and heard it had balls, tried it out, and brought it home. Don't regret anything.

Just built like a tank. The pedal would survive Rosie O'Donnell sitting on it. This pedal would hold up well at any gig and all I suggest you bring fer a "just in case" situation is some more 9v batteries. (If you can afford extras cause there a too d*** expensive)

The Boss ST-2 is a great pedal that has balls. There are four knobs: level, bass, treble, and the gain, so it is pretty strait forward. Since I bought it used, there was no maunual but pedals don't really need one, but it could be somewhat useful. The only thing that could be a problem is that it could be tricky to get the sound right without feedback because you really have to be casreful with the gain to avoid a high pitch screaming noise.

sg4ever
    That's a poor comparison. It's better than that. Not my personal pick, but it's decent for a Boss pedal.
    schniepel89x
    I tried one out, they're unbelievable. You can get anything from a smooth Stones-like drive to a crunchy, thick '80s glam sound, to a f**king MASSIVE extremely heavy rhythm tone if you properly tweak an external EQ (in my case, a Boss GE-7). I'm talking REALLY massive, the kind of sound that would melt any death/thrash guy's face.
    schniepel89x
    And if you add a compressor with a nice amount of attack to that sound, it brings life to the dead.
    BRONZ
    Iv'e been playing guitar as a pro for 30 years or more and at last a pedal that ticks the right box's, this pedal rock's! 10 out 0f 10