TR-2 Tremolo review by Boss

Boss: TR-2 Tremolo

My setup is pretty simple. Goes from my 1981 Fender Bullet, to my Slash Crybaby wah, to my Marshall Jackhammer, to it, to a Crate Amp. There is no noise that I've noticed and the effects are always clear. My band enjoys doing some Audioslave, and any really Tom Morello impression that we jam to.

My style of music is weird. It's emo/alternative/blues/metal all wrapped in a big tortilla shell. So for us getting our own sound, this was a great pedal for me to get. I've been playing for 3 years now and I own a Slash Crybaby Wah, my pride and joy there, The Boss TR-2, Marshall Jackhammer distortion pedal, a Crate amp, an old '50s Montgomery Ward 45W amp, and a Shechter Diamond Series, and the best for last, my 1981 Fender Bullet. If this pedal was stolen, I'd beat up whoever took it. Bt on the off chance that I don't find the guy, I'd def. buy one. It's a great peice of equipment. What I love about it is that it's easy to use, but has alotof variety. The bad thing is that it dosen't have numbers to know where you are on the knobs. You just have to feel it out a little. My fav feature is the stop and start feature. Kinda like a killswitch. So yea if you're considering this pedal get it asap!

Durability I'm not so sure of. Even though it's housed in metal, it seem weak from what I've felt on it. But, then again I really don't know because I don't make it a habbit of dropping my equipment. And I'd probably not keep a backup, because if it dose break, it's not something I couldn't go on with.

This is a very easy product to use. It's very easy to get the sound you want. You can go from some Buffalo Springfield's "Stop, Hey, What's That Sound" to some Audioslave's "Like A Stone" with the turn of a couple knobs. It has a depth knob, which determines how dramatic the tremolo will be, a wave frequency knob, which allows you to choose anywhere between a curved vibe or a stop and go vibe. Then you have a rate knob which lets you choose how fast it goes.

f1sk
    hmm, havning a rough time deciding between this and the EHX pulsar
    qotsa1998
    copet wrote: the effect just seems to be scantly used, and I generally don't like how it sounds. Can anyone name some popular songs that use it?
    The solo in The Strokes' song Juicebox uses it, as well as in the intro a little. The Smith's song How Soon is Now, altho it is an 80's song, makes excellent use of this throughout the song. If the volume didnt drop with it on, i would get one of these after my delay. I guess ill go with the EHX, depending on the price.