TU-2 Chromatic Tuner review by Boss

Boss: TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Purchased from: Matt's Music

I'm using this with a metal zone, and a super chorus pedal. I plug strait into a P.A. This pedal doesn't affect the overall sound, noise, or tone of other pedals at all. I find it great, and it really helps that you can silence your output while tuning. It's good for playing any artist, and tuning.

My overall impression of this pedal is, like almost every other Boss pedal, it's amazing, and basically the best of its kind. It's great no matter what style of music you play.This is the best tuner I've used, and it's really effective and quick. If I lost this, or it was stolen, I'd replace it within a couple of days. I love this thing!

Since this is a Boss, it's basically 99.9999999% indestructible. You can power it with a nine volt battery, or with a power pack. It has two jacks, so with a power pack, you can plug in a daisy chain, and power a lot of other pedals. I'd rely on this pedal at a gig 100% with out a backup.

Now, I've only been playing for a couple of years, but I've experimented with a wide variety of tuners, and this is the most simple one I've used, but it achieves the best results. It has one input, but there's two outputs. One is so you're silent while tuning, and the other is so you can hear yourself while tuning. There's a stream/ center button, on stream, ligts go across the display in the direction you need to tune; left to tune down, right to tune up. There's a mode button, which changes it so the display shows the letter name, or the string number the note you're playing is closest to. I prefer to keep it on the letter name mode, with the center mode. It's more precise, and makes it easy to do alternate tunings.

oli_123
    Got one. best tuner going! well i have it mostly for backstage tune up's then have a korg dtr1000 on stage. good investment
    mi2tom
    danielrobbyshor wrote: all boss pedals are the tits man, you can't go wrong.
    Boss pedal sucks why do you think artistes get theirs modded,
    Deek_13
    Got one today and its great, it makes tuning so fast and easy, i've been messing around with different tunings all night (you get a list of diff. tunings in the instruction manuel) well worth the money, also came with a 5 year warrenty =D