TU-2 Chromatic Tuner review by Boss

Boss: TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

This pedal basically just tunes your guitar and can improve your tunings incredibly. I used a basic generic lyon tuner and when I switched over to this tuner the quality of how my strings were tuned was so much better. It also tunes to all the letters in the scale and does sharp/flat notes. Other than the quality of your tuning there isn't anything else that will effect the sound.

Overall, this is the best purchase I've made pedal wise. It greatly helps me when I need to tune real quick at home or on-stage. In my two years of experience, this is the best way to tune that I've seen. It works great for guitar or bass. I compared this to a few others when I was looking at buying a tuner because I wanted a good quality tuner that would mute the output when I tuned on stage. And I found this perfect tuner. Another great thing it has is that you can buy a chord that will allow you to power other pedals on your pedal (or will allow you to when you start to build a pedalboard).

The pedal is great for on-stage performance. When you finish a song and you need to quickly tune your guitar, you can do that and not produce that annoying tuning sound of out your amplifier that will annoy the crowd. I highly recommend this if your playing a gig and you will not need to get any sort of other tuner. This thing will easily get the job done.

This pedal is extremely easy to use. You hook it into your amp, guitar, and any other pedals you have, and it doesn't rob any of your tone from you. It has a feature on it that mutes the output for when you tune so it doesn't make that horrible tuning sound on stage. It comes with a small manual that teaches you what all the little buttons on it do and it teaches you how to Switch modes and such on it.

fat chicken
    SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ!!! I ALWASY SNAP STRINGS TRYIN TO GET OUTTA TUNINGS LIKE DROPC, OPEN A ETC. SO I'M LOOKING AT THIS AND WONDERING IF IT CHANGES THE SOUND, LIKE IF YOU WERE IN STANDARD TUNING, AND YOU SET IT TO LIKE DOUBLE FLAT, WOULD IT CHANGE THE SOUND TO DOUBLE FLAT EVEN THO I'M IN STANDARD? OR IS IT A NORMAL TUNER? (PROBABLY)
    triv fan
    step up gradually lower (or thicker) strings first.putting all that tension on youre high e string is what is "snapping" if i follow what youre saying .use the force good luck young jedi
    BlueSky6392
    uhhm... why is this thing so expensive? is it just a regular tuner or does it have somethng special?
    Quarbon
    Can u just use a normal 9V adapter for this tuner? Please answer, thx
    thewhorock
    Ace Frehley would say boss and digitech make the best pedals...
    tom_martin_123
    thewhorock wrote: Ace Frehley wrote: Yeah I'm buying one too...Boss and Digitech are one of the best pedals out there.. Ace Frehley would say boss and digitech make the best pedals...
    That's because they do.