TU-2 Chromatic Tuner review by Boss

Boss: TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

This is fairly irrelevant as it does not effect your tone, I know Boss pedals are meant to have bad bypass but I have not noticed it with this pedal. I use it with an Ibanez RG through Cube 30.

Is a great pedal, does all it needs to well, nice package, bright LED's great Live, don't know how I managed without it before. However it is very expensive I mean 60 for a tuner I know it's in a pedal but still when you can get a regular tuner for about a tenner this seems a lot. definitely overpriced. the only other disadvantage is I was hoping to be able to use it to power my DD20 however using the Boss adaptor it can only supply 200ma which is not enough for the tuner and Delay, however this is not a problem with the pedal, just be warned if you plan to power your whole pedal board from it!

Its a Boss pedal so it's built like a tank! very tough no worries about reliability, wouldn't want to stamp on the screen though. would use without a backup.no problems so far.

Is incredibly easy to use stomp on it and line up the dots, 2 options of display, stream and cent. I find cent much easier basically tune till the green LED lights up, in stream a stream of leds flow across the screen right for sharp left for flat and stay still once your in tune.can also select tuning mode. chromatic, where it displays the note name closest in pitch to note played, guitar mode, displays string number, guitar flat same but for Eb tuning, Guitar double flat for D tuning, and the same for Bass, it claims to work for 7 string guitars too allthough I have not tried this as I do not own one. Chromatic mode is most useful in my opinion. also mutes the signal when stomped on which is very useful to tune in silence or just to simply be quiet in between songs or whatever. I find it to be very accurate and useful. can change frequency of A if you want too, not sure why you would but it's an option. also has the ability to power several other pedals using the same adaptor such as Boss, MXR, Ibanez etc using the daisy chain,

daylightdies370
    this is the best pedal I've ever boughten
    I never trust reviews from people who are too lazy to use proper grammar.
    Side Effect
    My friend has one and it's a great pedal, but I don't see why more people aren't switching over to the Pitchblack by Korg. I have one and I find it much better.
    happysmilyguy
    I own this one, you can use a normal 9v adapter and/or batteries. It's a great pedal, does exactly as it needs to, and does it well. Most used pedal i own. But if you're playing outside, it's hard to see LEDs in daylight hours. Apart from that, never had a problem with it. love it!
    Mr. Tomnus
    fat chicken wrote: SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ!!! I ALWASY SNAP STRINGS TRYIN TO GET OUTTA TUNINGS LIKE DROPC, OPEN A ETC. SO I'M LOOKING AT THIS AND WONDERING IF IT CHANGES THE SOUND, LIKE IF YOU WERE IN STANDARD TUNING, AND YOU SET IT TO LIKE DOUBLE FLAT, WOULD IT CHANGE THE SOUND TO DOUBLE FLAT EVEN THO I'M IN STANDARD? OR IS IT A NORMAL TUNER? (PROBABLY)
    try changing ur saddles, graphite ones are the tits. and it just tunes to each note being a chromatic tuner, what ever u play it will show up with
    duzit89
    thewhorock wrote: Ace Frehley wrote: Yeah I'm buying one too...Boss and Digitech are one of the best pedals out there.. Ace Frehley would say boss and digitech make the best pedals...
    if he endored Squires would you believe that too?