TU-3 Chromatic Tuner review by Boss

Boss: TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

This pedal is super quiet and doesn't introduce any noise into my signal. I have this first in my chain and it is power a homebuilt tubescreamer, an MXR 6-Band EQ and an MXR Smart Gate. Presently I have it so when it is on, it mutes my signal so I can tune in peace. I have also tried with the signal passing to hear my tuning as I go and there is no popping when turning on and doesn't make any difference to tone. When it's out of the chain altogether it sounds exactly the same as when it's in. Just as a good tuner should.

I use this pedal every time I tune. I have a Schaller Floyd Rose and the fine tuning is highly accurate. I think the only thing better than the TU-3 would be a poly tuner only for stage use to check your tuning on every string individually when playing live. I don't need that and most of you won't need that unless your bridge is poor quality AND you play like a maniac.

I could put one word in here to describe it's reliability and durability it would be Boss. I'm sure Boss must have taken equal parts of Captain Americas' shield and Thors' Mjolnir to build their pedals. You know how supermans suit is always fine even after he's been shot at? That's how a Boss pedal feels.

The TU-3 is really easy to use and has a ton of great features. I use it to tune my guitar to Eb Standard but it has the ability to tune for drop tunings and 7 string. For a full list of features visit the manufacturers website. The TU-3 is a huge upgrade on the TU-2. The TU-2 uses individual LEDs and the TU-3 has more points to see your tuning getting closer to the mark. The manual is available on the Boss website and is best to read before use but it comes set up for standard tuning and if you push too many buttons you can reset the unit to factory very easily.

Kylie2112
    I really don't know how I managed to gig before I had this (or a TU-2...I've been playing for about 18 years). My only complaint is that the "sharp" LED is VERY subtle, and if you don't notice it (which I didn't the first time using it...luckily it was at home tooling with my pedalboard rather than "gig at a wedding" or something), hooray being a ½ step high! >.< Otherwise, 10/10. Hell, this should come standard with every guitarist/bassist. "You learnin' guitar? Here's your TU-3."
    PsiGuy60
    I imagine it's pretty hard to screw up a tuner pedal.
    heero22
    True but its easy for a band to screw up their tuning if their not using the same tuners. So I say Its worth a 10 because it pretty much is an industry standard.