XT-2 Xtortion review by Boss

Boss: XT-2 Xtortion

Purchased from: ebay

My set up: Fender Strat - Boss Xtortion - Fender 10w. The bypass seems fine to me, no extra noise or fuzz. The sound of the pedal itself is an intense fuzzy distortion, lots of trebble. Possibly good for someone Who plays metal, or punk rock. It is possibly one of the most heavy, distorted sounding pedal by Boss.

I play punk, and hard rock. I picked this up on eBay like brand new in the box with manual for 40 dollars. Been playing with it for about a year, and always loking for ways to increase my overall crunch tone. This pedal does it well. I also own a Power Driver and a Mega Distortion. This has a much heavier sound. If it were lost or stolen I would die. They don't make this pedal anymore, like I said it was discontinued a long time ago. It's great. If I could find another, yes I would buy it. If you want a harder sound, find one of these. it's worth the buy. The sound could be better, or easier to use but if it fits your genre of music than get it.

It's a Boss pedal. That is all that has to be said. It could survive nuclear war. I have many Boss pedals and none of them have gone out on me. It's nice and solid and I'm pretty sure I could drop it a few times and it would still be fine. I already use it in gigs without backup. It's very dependable.

This pedal has 4 knobs, which should make it easy. However, the parameters interact with each other a lot, so each knob adjustment may require some turning of the other knobs also if you are looking for a specific sound. This product was discontinued a while back.

TeddyRamone
    I read this review a few months back and yes I've never heard of it too. But when I went down to Swee Lee (I'm from Singapore) I saw the pedal. I forgot how much was it, but there was only 1 left. =( And I was flat broke.
    youreowned
    I got this pedal for only $50 extra when I got my first guitar package. Its hard to fault the pedal, but playing alongside a guitarist with a Boss Metal Zone pedal, his gets way more gain and more range to play with. Great for 10 year old or whatever technology.
    MESAexplorer
    Someone who has been playing about 10 years probably has, me with 3 years, I've never heard about it either.
    eric_cartman
    i kinda find hard to believe it's one of "the more heavier soundin' boss pedals" (if it was, it will still be around, or at least have a reissue version) And also don't believe it's good for metal,mainly because he doesn't play metal in the first place... but hey that's just my opinion
    j0n0j0n0
    You kind of changed your mind because you said it's good for heavy metal or punk which one do u want their completeley different styles you know what i mean. you should try it through a bigger amp to get a better effect.