XT-2 Xtortion review by Boss

Boss: XT-2 Xtortion

Purchased from: Billy Hyde / Allison Music

I use a Jackson DK2T Dinky Pro series through this and just a crap practice amp but I have played it though a Fender FM100H combo and Line 6 100 watt Spider and they all sound great. I give it a 9 because of it's flexibility. You can get great blues sounds and then with a turn of the knob having a metal sound. It also has no noise what'soever. When you aren't playing anything it's dead silent. The only setting I don't like is when there's no contour and all punch and sounds like you've left a crap wah pedal compressed. Some may like it I reckon it sound crap!

I play hard rock / metal (things like Rage against the Machine, Audioslave, Metallica, Faith No More) and it gives me a great range of distortions for all these styles. I wen't down to the music store and tried all of their distortion pedals and I thought this one was the best. It's a verry flexible pedal and I wouldn't have chosen any other. And verry affordable too (although I think they stopped making them).

This thing could be run over a truck and still be ok! like all Boss products it's solid, durable and reliable. I would definately play a gig without a backup with no wories. This thing will Live forever! It's very reliable and the battery last for a long time. It's definately a great distortion pedal

The pedal has 4 knobs that give a good variety of sounds. Adjusting the "Contour" knob can give you a blues/rock and roll sound or a metal sound. The manual is good. Short and sweet, and even give's you visual instructions to get sounds like rythm, slash metal, '70s rock and compressed wah I think.

BFMVxx
    I can buy these locally at my music shop, but they $249 so they're a fair bit. I didn't know they discountined them, its looks new to me.
    bigevil89
    i love this pedal i got it for free from a friend who got it for 5 bucks and its served me well so far
    drift_king255
    i got this pedal at a pawn shop for 60 bucks and i love it but i have way to much trouble trying to find the rite seting the punch and contour are hard to adjust without completely throwing the sound off if any one has a good setting for master of puppets and other awesome metallica songs please let me know
    hellview_666
    eric_cartman wrote: i kinda find hard to believe it's one of "the more heavier soundin' boss pedals" (if it was, it will still be around, or at least have a reissue version)
    ML-2 MetalCore much? Only difference is Contour is replaced with Bass and Punch is replaced with Treble.
    guns_rosesldb
    i got one at a pawn shop for 13 bucks. at first i hated it but after playing with the knobs a little i love it