BudWah review by Budda

Budda: BudWah

Purchased from: Russos

I used and ESP Viper through a Marshall MG50DFX. This baby plays like a breeze. It sounds amazing, has the perfect range. Not too high, so sounds isn't gritty. Perfect low range, this baby booms. It isn't squirrelly like other wahs. This sounds good on distortion too. Don't play with it too high, as no wah sounds good up there. Probably an 8 or 9 is the limit. Great to play with blues and funk, it goes well with rock too. Overall, a great sound.

I play anything from blues to metal. This goes well with any of those genres, and in between too! I've been playing for a while, and I own an Epiphone SG G-400, with a MarshallMG30DFX. I tried the pedal at the store before buying it. When I was looking at wah pedals, I went to the store and looked at them and saw they had quite a few, so I asked. "Hey, I'm looking for a wah pedal, I see you have about 6 different kinds." the guy said, "Nope, there's only one wah pedal there." I was confused, and he said "See that purple one? That's the only one that deserves the name of wah pedal." I was almost sold at that. I tried it out, and the sound was amazing. I compared it with other pedals like Crybaby (Classic, Wylde) and the Weeping Demon, but non come close to the simplicity, yet versatility of the Budda BudWah. If it was lost or stolen, I would immediatly save up and buy another one. Best pedal out there, Great sound, great use, great durablity.

This baby will last a few decades. It has an awesome purple casing that is very solid. Rock pedal it durable, simple design. This pedal is well grounded and doesn't crackly. I would definetly gig with it. Only thing that I would change is the clicking noise made when you move the pedal forward. It clicks because it hits it's limit by hitting the on-off Switch, and when it pulls out it clicks. At low volume, it get's annoying, but if you are cranking it up, it isn't noticeable.

Extremely easy to use, push forward to turn on, rock back and forth, push forward to turn off. An input jack, and output jack, and a DC power jack (also runs on batteries). No other settings to mess with, because they aren't needed. Again, just rock back and forth, in any form possible. Works good if you vibrate the pedal, you get a real flanger/tremolo/vibrato sound.