BudWah review by Budda

Budda: BudWah

Purchased from: Boynton Pro Audio (via eBay)

I am using this pedal with an Ibanez Gio GRX40 and a Fender Champ 600, and sometimes with an Ibanez Tubescreamer OD behind the wah. It is noisy when I am using the single coils on my guitar, but being a cheap guitar, those are always noisy. The wah is always strong, and you can rock it forward without getting an ear-splitting wail. It has very good sweep that focuses on the midrange. I can easily get Hendrix and Eddie Hazel like tones out of it, so perfect for funk and classic rock.

As I said before, this is a good wah for classic rock, funk, and blues. When I tried to crank up the gain for metal or harder rock, it got too muddy, though. I have been playing seriously for about a year or so, but I think I can keep this pedal for a long time. If I lost it, I would probably get another. My favorite feature is it's simplicity: no dials or knobs to mess with, just straight-up wah.

I only got it recently, but so far it has held up well. I am just using it in my bedroom, but I am not worried about it breaking, since it seems solidly built.

This is an excellent product, and it's very easy to use. Simply plug your guitar into the input, and your amp into the output. I was able to get an excellent sound for funk, blues or classic rock with minimal EQ adjustments (basically, I just turned the tone knob down on my guitar). It did not come with a manual, but there is not much too this wah to figure out. There's no settings or EQ on the pedal, just straight up wah-rocking.