BudWah review by Budda

Budda: BudWah

Purchased from: Music-Go-Round

I use a Carvin mts 3200 50th anniversary 100 watt amp with either an old Schecter gryphon, or a spalted maple tele. None of which are modified. I have not found the pedal to be noisy on any channel or settings. The Wah effect always sounds great. It's rolls the bass back perfectly and screams the trebles with-out making them pingy or twangy. And now that I think about it, this pedal can definitely give you a sound very close to that of John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. More specifically, take a listen to the solo in dani california.

I honestly play almost everything under the sun, except maybe some jazz and country, although I've dabbled. I would say I like my hard rock. I'm not a heavy metal person though. I don't really go much deeper than perhaps Tool's sound. I also like my funk music, and blues. No matter what I'm playing, this pedal does what I want it to. Great on the cleans, kick-a$$ on the dirty side. Super versatile. I have played for roughly 10 years now. And no, I don't need to sit here and list all the other gear I own. If it were stolen by some rat-bast***, then yes, I suppose I would replace it. What do I love about it? Well, its a hard-wire bypass which makes me happy. And it sounds the way a good Wah pedal should on cleans and over-drive. I am, however, not a big fan of purple, but ya win some ya lose some. I compared this pedal with all kinds of other Wah pedals out there, including the standard cry baby, the Slash model of such, as well as the Ibanez weeping demon, and etc. etc. I chose this one because it was simple, it had it's own unique voice, and it sounded awesome whether cleaned up or driven. I wish it wasn't purple. Overall, I give it a 9.5, because nothings perfect, but sh** this is pretty da** close. If you don't believe me, then go listen for yourself.

Well, it's missing one of the little rubber feet, but I have depended on, and giged with this pedal more times than I can remember through out the years. Which by the way, I believe I've had this pedal for about 4 years now. It's built pretty sturdy. Would I trust dropping it off the top of a 3 story apartment complex? Not so much. But it'll handle what you dish out and more. And heck, it's made it this long without a back up, so i would say it doesn't really need one. And the battery life is actually reasonable, though if you were to gig with it for any period of time, I would buy the ac adapter. I give it a 9 because I can't throw it into moving traffic and expect it to live.

This pedal is extremely simple to use. All you do is fully depress it until it goes on/off. No knobs for volume or other crazy things they put on other Wah pedals. Why? Because it does what it's supposed to, and it does it well. It didn't come with a manual because I bought it used, but like I said, don't really need one. And this model has not had any kind of upgrade. In fact, as far as I know, the new model they have out is the same exact thing as this one, except packaged differently.

?Loki?
    Now i wanted to something like Jimi Hendrix but i also like to play metallica, and my question is how versatile is this with different music styles?