Boostiest II Review

manufacturer: Burriss date: 06/07/2010 category: Guitar Effects
Burriss: Boostiest II
Playing nearly any style, the Burriss Boostiest II is your best friend for all your overdrive and boost needs.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.4
 8.8
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Boostiest II Reviewed by: greeny23, on june 07, 2010

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: The Boostiest II has 2 independant channels (OD and boost)uses 3 knobs on each channel. Very easy to get a good tone out of it, and that good tone is reeeeeeaaaaaal good. From a near crunch experience, to a creamy drive, plus the ability to boost the tone makes it a really easy pedal to get a good tone from. // 8

Sound: Through a Hamer Sunburst with P90 Phat Cat's and a Vox AC15, it brings everything from a classic blues to a modern rock element. With a PRS Custom 22 and a JCM900, it can tighten up a hard rock tone real nice. The OD alone and the Boost alone run nearly silently, but combined they can produce a little hum. A great sounding pedal at nearly any setting. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I always gig with this and my GMD Luther drive, one to give my cleans a light OD, and one to tighten the JCM. I need that versitility. In the odd chance that the Boostiest II stopped working, I'd have the Luther to cover, not that I can see the Burriss breaking any time soon. // 9

Overall Impression: Playing nearly any style, the Burriss Boostiest II is your best friend for all your Overdrive and boost needs. If another came up on the bay I'd buy it in an instant. Its a great little pedal that does more than your everyday OD. I hold this up there with the Ibanez TS9 and the GMD Luther Drive in my OD collection, loving every minute of it. Save yourself some time and money and find one of these now! // 9

Comments