CO2 Vintage Compressor review by Cherub Nux

Cherub Nux: CO2 Vintage Compressor

Purchased from: Braganza, Calcutta

I fix this one up conventionally before my Blues driver, followed by the Volume Pedal and thats it. It is not noisy till about 4 o'clock on Attack and Sustain Both. After that it goes little awry. But I don't push it that far. Before 12 o'clock effects are kinda weak, but the attack works. It gives the sound a warm choppy, Crunchy look and thats about it. But sustain definitely increases. Thats what I got it for and thats what it does Best.

For my soft rock to classic rock to Blues it does good. My Chain is Nux Compressor->BD2->Volume Pedal->Amp. With different combinations of these on I can get real good tones. Have been playing if for some time and no wear n tear. If it were stolen Maybe I would buy something else but that would not be Boss CS-3. I am trying to get hold of one Dan Electro Surf n Turf. Compared with CS-3 it sounded equally good and did the same kind of things to my sound. Chose this one for Single reason -Price. But it seems to go pretty well and I like it. Wish it had a TOne Knob and thats about it. Unlike from reviews I read about Behringer this ones Knobs all work fine and changes the sound so I would like to mention That. I don't suppose many of you have seen this device so I will upload a picture of it in my profile. Given the price it is super Compressor to have. I works fine and does what it was built for Compresses without adding Noise/Color, and gives Good Sustain. What else do I want? May be the Dark Side of the Moon!

Cheap China Made pedal. Can you depend on it? I don't know. But one thing is certain that is a heavy duty Metal box and Switch is sturdy. Only problem I feel is the Battery door which is at a strange place(right in between the Foot Switch ) and can be harmed by kicking it too hard. On top of that the Battery Door is made of Plastic. I can't afford a back up right away so its best I don't comment.

Unlike CS-3 this one has 3 knobs, Level, Attack and Sustain. No way to control Tone. But I can do the same with my BD-2. It is easy to operate and Attack n Sustain knobs give gr8 sustain to my guitar. Pretty simple to get good tones out of it by varying the Tone knobs in the guitar. Thats how I do it. It adds no color to my guitar and is very transparent. It is far cheaper than CS-3 but sounds Almost same. Before buying I tried both Out. But the Nux is so Damn cheap that I went for it. Has a short manual to it. But is of no use. Easiest thing to do is plug in and try out different settings. No up gradation and I wont be needing it also.

8000man
    EpiExplorer
    8000man wrote: Ive tried one of these in our local shops. theyre pretty good for its price. It also looks like some kind of special edition lego block or something
    Yeah, like one of those battery packs you get witht he really expensive boxes of lego :o