Signa Drive Review

manufacturer: CMATmods date: 01/24/2011 category: Guitar Effects
CMATmods: Signa Drive
This pedal is a piece of cake to use. Has gain, level and tone knobs. There is a three way toggle switch also.
 Ease of Use: 9
 4.7
 9.3
 4,794
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Signa Drive Reviewed by: Grawgos, on january 24, 2011

Purchased from: Cmatmods

Ease of Use: This pedal is a piece of cake to use. Has gain, level and tone knobs. There is a three way toggle Switch also. The toggle up is like a straight forward overdrive, the toggle in the middle is like the top position on steriods, with added bass. The bottom position is a bit darker and grittier. It's really easy to find the tone you are looking for. The manual explains what all the knobs and the toggle Switch do. // 9

Sound: I play through a Black Heart Handsome Devil Head and Black Heart 1x12 cab with an eminence Swamp Thang speaker in it. I mainly play my ESP Xtone with Alnico Pro II pickups in the neck and bridge and occasionlly my Washburn X50 Pro FE with EMG 81/85. The sound of this pedal is just heaven. It can go from light grit to amazing Vintage sounding crunch. Switching to the neck Pick up, I get a sweet fat, warm, fuzzy overdrive. Turn the gain down and the level up and it's a fantastic clean boost. This pedal can do any kind of blues/rock tones that you desire and it does it without producing any unwanted noise. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This a hand built in the USA pedal, made with fantastic components. A nice Solid Metal chasis, high quality toggle and foot stomp Switch and cool cream colored knobs that aren't going to come popping off on their own. Would I use it on the road without a back up? NO, beacuse I am sure that once people heard it, they would be trying to steal it from me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything that I can learn really, blues, rock, rockabilly, whatever and this pedal can handle it all. If this were stolen, I would replace it in a heartbeat, without a doubt. What I love about this pedal is the ease of getting an incredible tone and the various tones it can produce, without any unwanted noise. I don't hate anything about this pedal, if you forced me name something that needed to be changed, I would say the color of it. My favorite feature by far is the toggle Switch and the different tones they produce. There is really nothing that I wish that the pedal had that it doesn't have all ready. I give it a 9.5 overall because nothing is absolutely perfect. I am not just some idiot in the honeymoon phase praising what I just spent my hard earned money on. This pedal is really that good. This is one of the best, if not THE best Overdrive pedal out there. Do yourself a favor and check it out. // 9

Comments