DLY-303 Delay Review

manufacturer: Crossfire date: 05/15/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Crossfire: DLY-303 Delay
The Crossfire Delay pedal is a budget based effects stompbox that will deliver a high quality delay effect with little to no problems at all. The output sound is itself very high quality.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.8
 7.8
 9.7
 1,199
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
DLY-303 Delay Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 15, 2012

Ease of Use: The Crossfire Delay pedal is a budget based effects stompbox that unlike it's distortion counterpart will deliver a high quality delay effect with little to no problems at all. The Pedal has three dials titled Rate, Level and Repeat which controls the volume, the rate of the delay and the timing of the sound repeating itself. Because I did not buy this (I was offered it for free) I was not given a user manual however due to its simplicity the pedal does not require an extensive style of knowledge to work the unit. // 8

Sound: My setup is my Ibanez GIO with a dodgy Second Bass amp (Been to lazy to buy a new guitar amp) but I still think very highly of this pedal especially using it on the bass amp. The volume can be easily adjusted by turning the Level down however this does not effect the volume of the guitar, only the volume of the delay itself. Due to being a budget model I do not recall any artists who would use this pedal as it is more entry level than professional but the output sound is itself very high quality. // 8

Reliability & Durability: When it comes to reliability this pedal is very very good and can take a beating but it is not indestructible and damage can be done after long extensive use (years of use) or being used improperly but it is a very dependable pedal. Personally I would use this playing Live without the need for backup because not only do I use it rarely but the times I have it has never back fired on me or failed. There are minor problems however with this unit which include major battery consumption and slipping problems so I suggest before a show putting some rubber on the base of the pedal like the Boss pedals to stop slipping. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a mixture of different styles now which range from: Punk, Hardcore punk, Death metal, Black metal, Metalcore/deathcore, alternative rock/metal, sludge etc. The delay would sadly only fit in one or two of those genres mainly sludge and alternative rock/metal. I have been playing guitar for a year and bass for 3 years although I prefer guitar overall And I own this pedal, Crossfire Distortion, Boss ME-25 pedal, Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion pedal, Ibanez GIO guitar, a horrible no named brand guitar and a Casino Bass guitar. I got this pedal form a mate for free because I wanted a very psychedelic sound and it worked perfectly fine so I had no worries with it. Personally if I lost this pedal it would be a sad loss because of how much I enjoy using it but I have my Multiple effects pedal which does delay itself so it's all good in a way. Overall I think it's a nice pedal, a bit bland in design but it makes up for it's sound and I personally recommend it for start up guitarist who are after a really psychedelic sound to their riffs. // 8

Comments