Demonizer review by Damage Control

Damage Control: Demonizer

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: muusikoiden.net

I use it with Blackstar HT-1 at home. I Tried use it in a band rehearsal with Marshall TSL602. There is one major problem: it sounds good, doomish and heavy with a small amp and low volume, but when I connect it to the Marshall TSL602 I just can't play with it. Sound is muddy and overall too messy. On high volumes I couldn't even hear what I was playing, all I heard was scrabby noise. Maybe you can go to high volumes with a different amplifier but not with mine.

I play heavy metal in a band. Ive been playing guitar over 15 years. This pedal is good for inspiration and riff making at home but that's all. You cannot go to high volumes with it and that is not what I wanted. If it was stolen I wouldn't by a similar again.

It is built like a tank. I think it might last for a life time. It looks strong enough to last a gig.

This pedal is quite easy to use, not easy as the common distortion pedal but much easier than multi-effects etc. There are five knobs and two channels. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to get proper sound out of it.

MaggaraMarine
    this fella is loaded with two 12AX7 tubes, making it neither digital or analog, but a full tube disortion pedal.
    All tube is analog. Analog means non-digital. Solid state is non-tube and digital stuff is usually solid state. So I think you confused analog and solid state.