Cool Cat review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Danelectro: Cool Cat

Purchased from: Crazy Dave's

No matter how I set it it sounded the same. I thought I just hated chorus pedals, but no this pedal sucks. You can basically have one sound no matter how to set it, so if you like one chorus sound and this sound is it then hey, this is for you. I spent so much time actually trying to get some kind of sound, but it all sounds the same, this pedal only gets you one chorus sound. I was using my Squier Strat. I tried using it with distortion and it didn't do anything, just sounded the same chorus sound that it always has no matter how you turn it.

The absolute worse chorus pedal I have ever tried. I tried to play Nirvana and other type bands with this, it sounded all the same, it didn't do crap. I owned it for about a couple months to a year. I never used it because it never changed. I now own an Ibanez chorus/flanger, which I like way more. If it were lost I wouldn't care, it were stolen I would just laugh at the person who stole it. I hate how there are no numbers so you know which setting you liked. The color and shape are nice though. I compared it to every other chorus pedal, and they better than this. I wish I never bought it, I wish I tried out more pedals, I ended up selling it back to the store.

Its a metal casing. Good for a paper weight or to beat someone, but that's about it. Hell no! I would not use it with out a backup, I wouldn't even use it in a gig, I don't want to sound like a crappy band. Its a metal casing, and its heavy, so its a good paper weight or blunt object to beat some one with, It does have a very nice color and shape. Battery lasts long, since I never changed the battery for the whole time I have owned it. Please people do not buy this, I tell every one of my guitarist friends to not buy this at all.

There are two knobs and no intervals to remember where you had it turned to. I hate when pedals do that. If they did upgrade this it is bound to sound better, its like going from broke to a few bucks, you may not get a lot but hey something is better than nothing. It is easy to get a sound you want, if you stick with the same sound like AC/DC does. If you like that one setting then hey this is perfect for you.