Cool Cat CD-1 Distortion review by Danelectro

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Danelectro: Cool Cat CD-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Lyric Philippines

I'm using a Fender Sidekick Reverb 30 amplifier and a Cort X1-FR guitar. Even if I have a cheap guitar, it sounds really good. Before I buy the item, I tried the Danelectro Fab Distortion too. It's weak and made of plastic. Then I tried Cool Cats and I just say "awesome" for the sound and price. I think you can compete this pedal with Boss DS-1. I can get the sound I want but I know it's not the best that I can get. I'm still looking for a good mix. I played with a band. Paramore's "Still Into You." I can get the sound of the lead guitar and the rhythm.

I play mostly alternative and punk rock. I'm fan of Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5, MCR, etc. And yeah... It's a good much. Well, it's a distortion. I think all players here should have distortion or Overdrive pedal. I'm playing electric for like 6 months. Never wished something before I bought the pedal. I just need a distortion with a good price. I will but another if it were stolen or lost. I just love(the color too) it! It's true bypass. I compared it to FAB distortion. FAB sounds cheapy and plastic. This one sounds ROCK. I wish this item is a little bit smaller because it will crash my future pedalboard. Video from YouTube:

YouTube preview picture

I can depend on it. Easy to use and works very well. Even a beginner can really have fun with it. The Item is durable because it's made of metal. It fell down like twice nothing happened. It's a very durable item for the price, I swear. I would use I on a gig even there's no backup. I really recommend this pedal guys. Expect the unexpected one. Best for the money. Durability, sound, reliability... Oh my. Freakin good! I love what I bought. I never regret it. Just be wise of picking some of these stiffed pedals.

It easy to get a good sound. It has level (volume), treble and bass, gain(how much distortion). The manual is easy to understand but I don't read it because the item is easy to figure out. Well, this is my first distortion pedal. I'm a newbie in electric guitars but I have a lot of experience in acoustic. The only thing that I dislike about this item is the hardness of turning on or off the pedal. You should use a little more force. But all in all, I like the pedal. Really good for beginners or others for tight budget.