Cool Cat CM-1 Metal review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
Danelectro: Cool Cat CM-1 Metal

Purchased from: a friend

getting a sound you can use on stage is impossible! Its muddy as anything and noisy! I used it in my room the day I got it and thought I'd got a decent sound from it, only to find out that once it got turned up it sounded like an elephant with diarrhea! I got it free off a friend of mine in exchange for an old guitar, thinking it would be okay... WRONG! I hate it! Don't buy it!

I play all the heavy jams, so I though that having labeled their pedal "metal" Danelectro would have made something worth buying, but no, its garbage, not worth he wiring its made of, I'm probably offending some dano fans but I don't care, anyone with a concept of tone and an unbiased opinion should agree that this pedal SUCKS! No sugarcoating about it!

if it sounded any good, it love it, because the construction is solid as rock, I would use it without a backup and I would abuse it heavily, but sadly it sounds like a soggy queef (ewww) and I hope that dissuades you from buying it, because if you do, your spending money on a Solid Metal box of SUCK!

Getting a decent sound out of this thing isn't all that hard, I has stacked vol/bass, treble/mid, and the gain knob on its own, the only thing wrong with that is because of the way its built, getting to the stacked controls is really hard and tedious, because you'll adjust the bass up a bit and accidentally pull the volume up with it and get screaming feedback in your ear, same with the treble and mid, but apart from that, it all works fine, its just tedious.

NewShadow
    I brought this product for 30 from a local music store and loved it. I even tested another 5 pedals that do the same job and I preferred this (the others included Digitech and BOSS). It suited my needs at the time and still does although I would get a different pedal for live performances because the noise generated from it.