D-1 FAB Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-1 FAB Distortion

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I play a Silvertone guitar through a Honeytone mini amp. I also use a Smart IIIs Silvertone amp. The sound is great. No buzzing, plenty of distortion and gain from blues to metal. The level increases the distortion and it doesn't change the tone of the distortion that much. The distortion can get fairly rough and the tone changes if turned up too high. I like to use some of my amp's gain and tone combined with the sound of my pedal. Together they can produce a variety of sounds. The only thing that bugs me is that when you turn the tone down to bass when the pedal is in distortion mode, the distortion gets supressed. However, when the tone is adjusted to treble, it increases and sounds mettalic. I can get Led Zeppelin sounds and Creed sounds with this pedal. In addition, I can get the White Stripes's sound on it too. For $14.99, it's great!

I like to play classical, jazz, blues, old blues rock, and modern rock. I have been playing guitar for about three years now, and the other gear that I own is the DE7 Ibanez pedal Which is a delay/echo pedal. If I had the chance, I would test and hear what other pedals sound like before purchasing it. If this pedal were lost, I would go to the store and test other pedals out before buying this one again. What I admire: the amount of features, the sound, the size and portability, the versitality and variety of sound, the color of the pedal and the color of the led. What I dislike is a fact that the distortion gets supressed when you turn the tone nob donw to bass. Favorite feature - the price and value of the pedal. I heard some other Fab pedals on www.Danelectro.com, and this one seemed to sound better than than the others. I wish this pedal had a better manual in which would include sound settings. You certainly can't get a better price for a pedal like this!

It's made of hard plastic and the bottom is made of rubber and metal combined. The nobs are out of the way of getting stomped on. I would use this pedal in a concert, but the only bad feature this pedal has is the button to turn the pedal on is peuny. So if I were you, I would keep my foot on it because the chance of missing the on button is very high.

I would say this is a basic and straight forward distortion pedal. It has three nobs: tone, distortion and level. It has an led that lights up as a violet color to indicate that the pedal is on. It includes input and and output jacks at the back, and has a battery compartment and an adapter input. However, my pedal didn't come with a battery or an adapter. A 1 year warranty card is included. If you want to use it, make sure you mail within 10 days of your purchase! There is also a manual for the pedal, but I think it includes everything you need to know besides the caution statement at the end. I was surprised at how small the pedal was. Its portability is so high! I like the color of the pedal too. It fits. The distribution of power in the level and distortion nobs are not that eqaul. But do you think I would be picky enough to complain about that feature especially for a price of 15 bucks?