D-1 FAB Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-1 FAB Distortion

Purchased from: Mor Music

The sound is a nice distorted tone, really nice, but don't turn the 'level' up to high or when you Pick a string it sounds crap. But if you keep it real, it sounds beautiful. It is a bit noisy, a very grungy. If you like Mushroom Head and Slipknot, this is for you. Good sound, abit crackely but overall, nice sound!

Overall, apart from the fact it broke! Well, it was ok I guess, really stylish, small, easy to use, simple, good sound, easy controls. It was good, yeah, not bad. As I say, good for the really heavy guitartist. System Of A Down, Slipknot etc. fans this is for you. Overall not really bad.

Now this pisses me off, there has to be something wrong, with it being so good at this kick-ass price, and there is a catch (for me anyway). It worked really well for about 3 days after I brought it, then I turned it on and no sound? My guitar was turned up, my amp was to and so was the pedal? The battery was in, and the leads were in the inputs nicely? Now that is gay, I am taking it back tomorrow! I am going to get something else instead. For me, very unriliable! I wouldn't use this in a gig incase it breaks.

This pedal was really good, I put was for a reason I will explain later. It is pretty easy to get good nice tone and sound out of these stylish little pedals! This pedal is the easyist of all the pedals out there to use! It is simple, affordable, stylish, and great sounds. If you are a learner, then this a brilliant first pedal!